All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible that the simple act of being is t actually that simple? That to really be here w requires practice, like any other skill worth learning? On The Art of Presence, Eckhart Tolle invites you to a six-session audio retreat to teach you how to deepen the moment-to-moment realization of your essential nature the unified consciousness that lives in all things.What Is Your Relationship to the Present Moment?When Eckhart Tolle wrote his international bestseller The Power of Now, he pointed us in the direction of something that's always been right under our ses: life in this very instant.Yet why do so many of us continue to feel like we're missing it? Attention, he teaches, is the answer: a quality of relaxed alertness that you can progressively sharpen and sustain. In so doing, you overcome the judgments and limitations of the mind-made sense of self with its endless stream of thoughts about past and future, and find an expanse of peace and renewed purpose in each and every moment.Course objectives: Discuss different degrees of presence and different degrees of absenceList some exercises you can do to help you achieve presenceDescribe the difference between quality and quantityDescribe some of the feelings of presenceExplain the difference between presence and absenceDiscuss different forms and different levels of the egoic mindDescribe the pitfalls of the egoIdentify thoughts of the growing egoOn The Art of Presence, Eckhart guides you through more than seven hours of transformational insights that allow presence to naturally arise in you. With his one-of-a-kind instruction, you will learn how to ground yourself in the vibrancy of your inner body while simultaneously breaking free from the illusion of separation from the outside world, how to connect to the perceiver of all your experiences to realize the wisdom of spiritual surrender, how to access the higher intelligence that empowers right action, and much more.Discovering the Extraordinary in the OrdinaryIn every seemingly ordinary moment, explains Eckhart, a profound depth and beauty awaits your discovery. The Art of Presence is your opportunity to join him for a simple retreat from the chaos and uncertainty of the story of your life into the ever-expanding awareness of the fullness of life in the Now.
- Author BiographyEckhart TolleSpiritual teacher and author Eckhart Tolle was born in Germany and educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. At the age of twenty-nine, a profound inner transformation radically changed the course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding, integrating, and deepening that transformation, which marked the beginning of an intense inward journey. Later, he began to work in London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada.Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Power of Now (translated into 33 languages) and the highly acclaimed follow-up A New Earth, which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time.Eckhart s profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening includes transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violent conflict endemic on our planet.Eckhart is a sought-after public speaker and teaches and travels extensively throughout the world. Many of his talks, intensives, and retreats are published on CD and DVD. Most of the teachings are given in English, but occasionally Eckhart also gives talks in German and Spanish. In addition to The Power of Now and A New Earth, Eckhart has written a book designed for meditative reading entitled Stillness Speaks. A book consisting of selections from The Power of Now entitled Practicing the Power of Now is also available. For more information on Eckhart Tolle, please visit eckharttolle.com.
- Author(s)Eckhart Tolle
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication21/08/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight299 g
- Width175 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Running Time420
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.