All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMohammad Rawas stands today at the peak of an outstanding artistic career. Those familiar with his work will welcome this volume as a much-needed permanent source of reference, while those encountering the artist for the first time can enjoy a unique introduction to his work in the 235 reproductions presented here. In the accompanying text, the artist himself provides a fascinating insight into his life and work, his compositional techniques and sources of inspiration. A painting by Rawas, offers a complex visual and conceptual experience - both compelling and enigmatic, charming yet vigorously challenging. Constructing our own shifting narratives around the diverse elements of his paintings, we also explore the thought processes that led the artist to assemble these particular groups of images to form his original statements.
- Author BiographyMohamad Rawas was born in Beirut in 1951. He has degrees in printmaking from the Institute of Fine Arts, Beirut and The Slade School of Fine Art, London. He has exhibited throughout the Middle East and Europe and is recognized as one of Lebanon's foremost artists. He teaches at the American University in Beirut.
- Author(s)Mohamed El Rawas
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication23/09/2004
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Note235 reproductions
- Weight710 g
- Width245 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHeather Reyes
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.