All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStand up paddling (SUP) is experiencing fast growth in the United States and around the world. It can be enjoyed on inland lakes and rivers, as well as on the ocean and in the surf-but most important, it's fun and a great way to stay fit. The Art of Stand Up Paddling will include everything both new and t-so-new paddlers need to kw-from buying a board and getting started on your local lake to paddling rivers and surfing ocean waves. This revised edition features a brand new chapter on SUP Yoga, which combines the passion of yoga with the art of stand up paddling. Also included is a fascinating and controversial history of stand up paddling, which, although new to many, dates back hundreds of years to Peruvian fishermen, Venetian gondoliers, and Hawaiian beach boys. Chapters on surf-break etiquette, fitness, yoga, and the exhilarating potential for adventures on a stand up paddleboard makes this a complete resource for beginners and experienced paddlers alike.
- Author BiographyBen Marcus is a longtime surfer who has written thirteen books. He writes for surf magazines worldwide, and his nonsurfing work has appeared in LA Weekly, Muscle and Fitness, the Los Angeles Times, Malibu Magazine, and Malibu Times. He lives in Northridge, California.
- Author(s)Ben Marcus
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectWater Sports
- Series TitleHow to Paddle Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Note471 colour illustrations
- Weight871 g
- Width189 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.