Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when school-based English is in danger of becoming reductive and mechanistic, the authors of this book reconsider the fundamental philosophy of English teaching, evaluate current practice and offer a practical framework for new approaches to teaching this important subject. The authors draw on recent initiatives in the area, including the National Literacy Strategy, but also offer wider perspectives on the formation and development of both English and English teaching in a modern society. This will help teachers develop both a personal philosophy and a critical perspective on the various traditions of English teaching as well as on current initiatives and reforms. The book includes: * provocative quotations from writers, artists and thinkers * responses to key figures in modern educational thought * exploration and development of the principle areas, illuminating key issues, tensions and opportunities * practical possibilities for classroom practice. The Art of Teaching Secondary English is a practical and accessible resource for everyone involved in English teaching.
- Author BiographyDavid Stevens is Lecturer in English in Education at the University of Durham and examiner for A Level English Literature at NEAB. Nicholas McGuinn is Lecturer in Educational Studies at the University of York and external examiner for PGCE and MA courses at the University of Durham.
- Author(s)David Stevens,Nicholas McGuinn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note1 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.