All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionKw the enemy and kw yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. <i>The Art of War</i>, by the Chinese general and philosopher Sun Tzu, is one of the most influential books of military strategy ever written. More than 2,000 years old, this classic of Chinese philosophy lays out a systematic, rational approach to tactics and strategy that leaders worldwide have applied t only to the military, but also to business, law, martial arts, and sports. This elegant hardcover gift edition uses Lionel Giles's classic translation and stands apart for its gorgeous design, fine Chinese illustrations, and affordable price. Giles's extensive antations and commentary on Sun Tzu's aphorisms and proverbs are also included.
- Author BiographySun Tzu (544-496 B.C.) was a philosopher and military strategist who served the kingdom of Wu at a time when the kingdoms of China were in a state of near-constant war. His many aphorisms about strategy were later compiled into <i>The Art of War</i>, whose international popularity over the following two-and-a-half millennia made him one of history's most influential writers and thinkers.
- Author(s)Sun Tzu
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight785 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.