All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom LAIKA, the studio behind the hit films Coraline and ParaNorman, comes The Boxtrolls, a marvel of stop-motion animation and creative storytelling, loosely based on the beloved children's book, Here Be Monsters. This comedic fable takes place in a cheese-obsessed Victorian-era town where Boxtrolls - lovable, cavern-dwelling oddballs - are misunderstood and face extermination. The Art of The Boxtrolls features the amazingly detailed artwork that went into this film's creation, including character sketches, puppets, textiles, set dressing and 3-D printed facial models, alongside the story of the film's development.
- Author BiographyPhilip Brotherton is the art director at LAIKA Entertainment. LAIKA is an animation studio that produces features and shorts from scratch. Their latest feature, the Oscar(R) and BAFTA-nominated film ParaNorman, released in 2012. Their first stop-motion movie, Coraline, was released to critical acclaim in 2009. The short Moongirl (2005) was their first all-CG-animated film. LAIKA is a community of artists and technicians who create original animated content. They handcraft and transform everyday materials into living creatures infused with dimension and soul.
- Author(s)Phil Brotherton
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note200 photographs
- Weight1197 g
- Width279 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byTony Stacchi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.