All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA treasure trove of timeless information, this complete guide is to the table what Joy of Cooking is to the kitchen. Von Drachenfels shows us how to select, lay and use tableware to enhance any dining experience, and how to properly store and care for it -- whether it's your grandmother's porcelain or everyday stainless steel. She provides guidance on mixing and matching tableware patterns; the basics of coffee, tea, and wine; menu planning; napkin folding, and the proper service techniques for all types of entertainment. So as t to let the lore of the table fall away, she delves deep into the history of specific tableware and the customs we keep, making today's practices understandable. For the vice host, this is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide with more than 100 useful illustrations. For the host with more experience, it is a rich and exciting source of new ideas. Like its author, whose passion for the table is contagious, The Art of the Table is an authoritative, elegant, and sophisticated resource for all one's dining needs.
- Author BiographySuzanne von Drachenfels is a well-known expert on tabletop, etiquette and entertaining. She has been a tabletop and entertaining consultant to Fitz & Floyd, the fine dinnerware manufacturer, as well as a contributing editor and columnist for a tabletop industry publication on table setting, table manners, and tableware. In 1990, she moved to the Monterey Peninsula to research and write the book, The Art of the Table. Since the publication of the book she has been a speaker on tabletop matters for local and national television. In 2005, she contributed a chapter on etiquette and table settings to the Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum of the Smithsonian Institution's publication Feeding Desires: Designs and the Tools of the Table 1500-2005. She currently resides in Pebble Beach, California.
- Author(s)Suzanne Von Drachenfels
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.