All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionAfter yet ather decade of leaming, experimenting, and inves- tigating since my first book, Arterial System Dynamics, the many new medical breakthroughs and techlogical advances have inspired me to write this book to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical applications. The application of physical principles and quantitative approaches to the understanding of the arterial circulation and its interactions with the heart in rmal and diseased conditions form the basis of The Arterial Circulation. Kwledge of the physiology and rheology of arteries, as well as all of their structural-functional corre- lates, is a necessary prerequisite to the proper hemodynamic interpretatiqn of pressure-flow relations and the pulsatile transmis sion characteristics in different arteries. The natural coupling and interactions of the heart, the coronary circulation, and the arterial system necessitate analysis of alterations to global functioning. Modeling provides a tool for isolating and predicting parameter changes and is employed throughout the book. Experimental data are provided for model validations, and also for more realistic interpretations. Techniques and new methods for clinical hemo- dynamic measurement and diagsis are included to help the reader un- derstand the physical principles underlying such abrmal cardiovascular functions as hypertension, stesis, and myocardial ischemia. The progressive changes in vascular properties during aging are also discussed. Modem approaches utilizing computer mode ling and allomery are presented with selected examples, such as combined hypertension and aortic valve stesis, and ventricular hypertrophy.
- Author(s)John K-.J. Li
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.