All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions, this book offers a blend of commonsense advice, dietary info, targeted exercise, and tips on useful supplements. According to the author, sufferers can often entirely avoid the use of medication, injection therapy, and surgery -- approaches that, when necessary, can be used as an opportunity to return to exercise and nutrition to slow the disease's progress. The book features easy, illustrated exercises, including aerobics and strength training, that can be done at home, at a gym, or under a trainer's or physical therapist's supervision. Nutritional and supplement strategies -- including glucosamine and fish oil -- are presented in detail, along with suggestions for ways to keep on track. Dr. Cooper t only explores each topic in depth but explains how it fits into an overall holistic treatment program.
- Author BiographyGrant Cooper, M.D., is a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician who specializes in the care of people with spine, sports, and musculoskeletal problems. He has a special interest in back and joint pain, and has published numerous articles and books in this area. He completed his residency at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell in New York City, and is currently in the department of orthopedics at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Cooper has received national and international recognition for his research on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. He is the co-editor-in-chief for the journal Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine. As the host of Back Pain Radio (World Talk Radio), Dr. Cooper emphasized the concept that understanding your health problems and what you can do about them empowers people to make lasting changes for a healthier life. This book is intended to help his readers achieve that goal.
- Author(s)Grant C Cooper
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleDiamedica Guide to Optimum Wellness
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.