Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionEvery genius has a mother, and often a mother is an inspiration for genius. Over the last six hundred years, artists have found ways to work their mothers into their most famous paintings. The Artist's Mother is a collection of paintings by famous artists of their mothers. This beautiful full-colour book offers masterpieces from some of the greatest painters in history, including Rembrandt van Rijn, Mary Cassat, James McNeill Whistler, Vincent van Gogh, Archibald Motley, Pablo Picasso, Frida Kahlo, Arshile Gorsky, Andy Warhol and many more. From the most famous works to forgotten masterpieces, The Artist's Mother is a meticulously compiled collection encompassing the complex and heartfelt relationship between these artists and the women who nurtured them. Each stunning portrait is accompanied by the touching, surprising, and timeless story of the artist's relationship with his or her mother, and how each painting came to be. With an introduction by National Book Award winner Judith Thurman, The Artist's Mother is a true celebration of the countless ways in which mothers make the world a more beautiful place.
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.