All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Clyde Kilby was kwn to many as an early, long and effective champion of C. S. Lewis, and the founder of the Marion E. Wade Center at Wheaton College, IL, for the study of the works of Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and other members of the Inklings<i>. </i>Less kwn is that Dr. Kilby was also an apologist in his time for arts, aesthetics and beauty, particularly among Evangelicals. This collection offers a sampler of the work of Dr. Clyde Kilby on these themes. He writes reflections under four headings: Christianity, Art, and Aesthetics; The Vocation of the Artist; Faith and the Role of the Imagination; and Poetry, Literature and theImagination. With a unique voice, Kilby writes from a specific literary and philosophical context that relatesart and aesthetics with beauty, and all that is embodied in the classics. His work is particularly relevanttoday as these topics are being embraced by Protestants, Evangelicals, and indeed people of faith from many different traditions. A deeply engaging book for readers who want to look more closely at themes of art, aesthetics, beauty and literature in the context of faith.
- Author Biography<b>Clyde Samuel Kilby</b>was anAmericanauthor and English professor, best known for his scholarship on the<i>Inklings</i>, especiallyJ. R. R. TolkienandC. S. Lewis. A professor atWheaton College, IL for most of his life, Dr. Kilby founded the Marion E. Wade Center there, making it a center for the study of the <i>Inklings</i> and their literary companions.
- Author(s)Clyde S Kilby
- PublisherParaclete Press (MA)
- Date of Publication01/01/2017
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMount Tabor Books
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press (MA)
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byKeith Call,William Dyrness
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.