All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal health has emerged as a distinct field of academic research and professional activity. Over the last decade, health has become an important element of many nations' foreign policies, a routine agenda item for the G8 and a rapidly expanding focus of bilateral and multilateral development assistance. Some aspects of health, like the spread of easily transmitted communicable diseases, are self-evidently global in an age of rapid, low-cost air travel. Many more reflect the influence of transnational ecomic integration ('globalization') and its effects on national ecomies, societies and health systems. In still other cases, like n-communicable diseases in most low- and middle-income countries, the lack of impact on the interests of more powerful actors outside the borders of the affected areas makes it difficult to generate the concern and action on the part of the global community that may be imperative for ethical reasons. This multinational volume of original contributed papers simultaneously provides an overview of the state of current global health scholarship, reflects the multidisciplinary nature of the field, and highlights the most significant issues for research and policy.
- Author BiographyTed Schrecker, Bruyere Research Institute and University of Ottawa, Canada Ted Schrecker, Monica H. Green, Anne-Emanuelle Birn, Sara M. Glasgow, Vinh-Kim Nguyen, Charmian M. Bennett, Anthony J. McMichael, K.S. Mohindra, Raphael Lencucha, Ronald Labonte, Natalia Ovtcharenko, Sarah Bonazza, Jillian Clare Kohler, Colleen O'Manique, Rosalind P. Petchesky, Francoise Barten, Wolfgang Hein, Ilona Kickbusch, Rick Rowden, Ruth Bell, Sharon Friel, Michael Marmot, Audrey R. Chapman.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 11 b&w illustrations
- Weight972 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byProfessor Ted Schrecker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.