All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionClassic Literature - COMPLETE NEW EDITION - The Atheist's Mass - By Hore De Balzac - Translated by Clara Bell. The story is set in Paris, France, in the first half of the 19th Century. It tells the story of Desplein, a Surgeon with unsurpassed skill. He strongly avows atheism but still he attends a Catholic mass four times each year. Horace Bianchon is ather respected surgeon who once studied under Desplein sees him entering a church and decides to watch Desplein to find out why he apparently prays and hears mass. Bourgeat is a poor man who helped Desplein when he was thing but a poor medical student. Sacristan is the Roman Catholic priest responsible for preparing and maintaining the churches vestments and altar and for seeing to the day-to-day operation of the sacristy, a room in a church behind the main altar.
- Author BiographyHonore de Balzac (20 May 1799 - 18 August 1850) was a French novelist and playwright. His magnum opus was a sequence of short stories and novels collectively entitled La Comedie humaine, which presents a panorama of French life in the years after the 1815 fall of Napoleon Bonaparte. Owing to his keen observation of detail and unfiltered representation of society, Balzac is regarded as one of the founders of realism in European literature. He is renowned for his multifaceted characters, who are morally ambiguous. His writing influenced many subsequent novelists such as Marcel Proust, Emile Zola, Charles Dickens, Anthony Trollope, Edgar Allan Poe, Eca de Queiros, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Oscar Wilde, Gustave Flaubert, Benito Perez Galdos, Marie Corelli, Henry James, William Faulkner, Jack Kerouac, and Italo Calvino, and philosophers such as Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx. Many of Balzac's works have been made into or have inspired films, and they are a continuing source of inspiration for writers, filmmakers and critics.
- Author(s)Honore De Balzac
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Translated byClara Bell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.