All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA volume in the Problems in World History series, this book features a variety of secondary-source essays that are carefully edited for both content and length, making this single volume a convenient alternative to course packets or multiple mographs. Most often used as a supplementary text for upper-level courses, THE ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE includes chapter introductions, essay introductions, and antated bibliographies.
- Author BiographyProfessor of History at Boston College, David Northrup earned his Ph.D. in African and European History from the University of California at Los Angeles. He earlier taught in Nigeria with the Peace Corps and at Tuskegee Institute. Research supported by the Fulbright-Hays Commission, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Social Science Research Council led to publications concerning pre-colonial Nigeria, the Congo (1870-1940), the Atlantic slave trade, and Asian, African, and Pacific islander indentured labor in the nineteenth century. A contributor to the OXFORD HISTORY OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE and BLACKS IN THE BRITISH EMPIRE, his latest book is AFRICA'S DISCOVERY OF EUROPE, 1450-1850. In 2004 and 2005 he served as president of the World History Association.
- Author(s)David Northrup
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight220 g
- Width141 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.