All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique assessment of the world's coasts and oceans details the ecological, environmental and ecomic importance of each and the global challenges we face to manage common waters and the resources they contain before development threatens to destroy the ultimate source of all life on the 'blue planet'. With global and regional maps, from the Arabian Gulf to the Great Barrier Reef and including the Baltic, the Black Sea, the North Atlantic, the Mediterranean, the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, the South Pacific and all the other major global waterways, the atlas considers the impact of climate change, industrial growth, tourism, pollution and over-fishing as well as the steps being taken towards conservation.
- Author BiographyDon Hinrichsen is the author of many books on the environment and development, including Coastal Waters of the World, Our Common Future and the Atlas of the Environment. Now Senior Development Manager at the Institute of War and Peace Reporting in London, he has worked with UN agencies, governments and NGOs in some 60 developing countries.
- Author(s)Don Hinrichsen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2011
- Series TitleThe Earthscan Atlas Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour, photographs, maps, tables, index
- Weight362 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.