All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect way to enjoy science from the sofa, Atoms under the Floorboards introduces you to the incredible scientific explanations behind a variety of household phemena, from gurgling drains and squeaky floorboards to rubbery custard and shiny shoes. * Is it better to build skyscrapers like wobbly jellies or stacks of biscuits? *Can you burn your house down with an electric drill? *How many atoms would you have to split to power a lightbulb? Atoms under the Floorboards answers all these questions, and hundreds more. You'll never look at your home the same way again ...
- Author BiographyChris Woodford has been a professional science and technology writer for 25 years. After graduating from Cambridge University with a degree in natural sciences, he has gone on to write, co-write and edit a number of science education books, including the best-selling Cool Stuff series. He runs www.explainthatstuff.com, dedicated to explaining the science behind familiar, everyday things.
- Author(s)Chris Woodford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date04/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.