All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book recounts the organization and deployment of one of the most important fighting armies of World War II. Australian divisions made a large and distinctive contribution to victory both in the deserts of the Middle East and the jungles of the South-West Pacific, earning for the second time a unique reputation for aggressiveness, endurance and independence of spirit. The text is illustrated with original wartime photos from all fronts; and with full colour plates showing a wide range of uniforms and gear, together with the complex and colourful Australian system of unit insignia.
- Author BiographyMark Johnston was born in 1960. He has written five books and numerous articles on the Australian Army in World War II. He also has a doctorate on that topic from the University of Melbourne. He is currently the Head of History at Scotch College, Melbourne. The author lives in Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Mark Johnston
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/06/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleElite
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 153
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), 1 map, ports.
- Weight245 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Carlos Chagas
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.