Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'Non-freedom to the Western mind is inevitably linked with images of backwardness - Soviet tractors, East German Trabants, Kim Jong Il's haircut. But n-freedom these days is also iPads, iPhones and a dazzling array of less iconic but ubiquitous consumer goods that flood our stores, our homes and which increasingly are used to define our ideas of worth and happiness. It is a full-lipped smile achieved with the aid of collagen made from skin flensed from dead Chinese convicts.' The Australian Disease is Richard Flanagan's perceptive, hilarious, searing expose of the conformity that afflicts our public life. From Weary Dunlop to Vassily Grossman, from David Hicks to Craig Thomson, Flanagan takes us on a wildly entertaining and unsettling trip. If we are to find hope, he says, we must take our compass more from ourselves and less from the powerful.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Richard Flanagan
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleShort Blacks
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width115 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.