CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Australian Political System in Action offers an engaging introduction to the dynamics of the Australian political system. It analyses the key features of modern democratic institutions and critiques the way these institutions operate in practice in Australia. The second edition has been updated to provide students with an overview of the actors, institutions and the political events, and the role these have played in shaping the current system in Australia. Each chapter is divided into two sections: the first section examines a core Australian political institution, outlining its structure, purpose and function. The second section explores an issue or controversy associated with the particular institution under review, and helps to relate political processes to everyday life. New to this edition: Discussion of the 2010 federal election, the Rudd-Gillard leadership dispute, and the political machinations associated with the subsequent formation of mirity government. Analysis of recent policy changes under the Gillard ALP government, including the National Broadband Network, carbon tax and refugee policy. New material on indigeus recognition in the Constitution, the National Human Rights Consultation, and the debate over the 'Dialogue model' for protecting and promoting human rights.
- Author BiographyNarelle Miragliotta is a Lecturer, in the School of Political and Social Inquiry, Monash University. Wayne Errington is a Lecturer in the School of History and Politics, The University of Adelaide. Nicholas Barry is a Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences, La Trobe University.
- Author(s)Narelle Miragliotta,Nicholas Barry,Wayne Errington
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight594 g
- Width191 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.