All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the authenticity of the first full-score edition of Mozart's Die Zauberflote in light of the unique relationship of words to music that exists where the libretto differs from that of Mozart's autograph. The book presents documentary evidence relating to the origin and early publication and performance history of the text, and it includes the complete first edition libretto with English translation, providing a side-by-side comparison with the autograph text.
- Author BiographyMichael Freyhan has taught at the Royal Academy of Music in London, as well as at Reading University and Birmingham Conservatoire. He is a pianist, harpsichordist, violinist, and violist, and he has published articles in the Journal of the American Musicological Society and Mozart-Jahrbuch.
- Author(s)Michael Freyhan
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.