CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a clear and well-argued work for the authenticity of 2 Thessalonians. Following a critical examination of the history of the dispute, the author examines the life and epistle of the earliest external witness, Polycarp, to show that 2 Thessalonians was accepted as authentically Pauline about AD 90. Through a careful reading of the letter MacDougall demonstrates that 'tradition' (2 Thess. 2:15; 3:6) is a characteristic of the undisputed letters of Paul, that the doctrinal content - eschatology and imitation - is Pauline, and that the letter's style is authentic. A rigorous defence of the letter is long overdue. MacDougall provides a seminal work on the subject.
- Author BiographyDaniel W. MacDougall is Professor of Biblical Studies, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Georgia, USA.
- Author(s)Daniel W. MacDougall
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitlePaternoster Biblical Monographs
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSend The Light
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.