All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionOne in five people are affected by autoimmune illness. In The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook, author Mickey Trescott presents a gorgeous wellness cookbook that offers practical advice and solutionsIn her mid-twenties, struggling with low energy and fatigue that had plagued her for years, Mickey Trescott received two autoimmune diagses: Hashimoto's disease (which affects the thyroid gland) and Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance which affects the small intestine). She tried a plant-based diet, supplements, eating raw and cleanses, but thing helped with her fatigue, hair loss and other symptoms. As a last resort, she switched to a paleo diet, cutting out grains and beans and adding grass-fed meats, bone broth, eggs and wild-caught fish. And it worked. Mickey began feeling better immediately and felt like herself again in a matter of months. The first part of this book describes the Autoimmune Protocol that Mickey follows. It includes advice and information on which foods to eliminate and which foods to include; it also discusses which foods promote healing, and why. The second part of the book shares 115 of Mickey's delicious recipes for alleviating the symptoms of autoimmune disease. There are also two 4-week meal planners and tips for shopping, batching and preparing ahead that make following the plan as easy as possible.
- Author BiographyMickey Trescott is the writer and photographer behind the blog Autoimmune Paleo (www.autoimmune-paleo.com). She holds a BA from Westmont College and is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. After recovering from her own struggle with autoimmune disease, she started blogging to share her story as well as recipes and resources for those on a similar path. She lives with her husband, Noah, and cat, Savannah, in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Mickey Trescott
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width205 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.