All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe Automotive Industry in an Era of Eco-Austerity analyses the future prospects of the largest manufacturing sector in the world, the automotive industry, at a time of unprecedented global financial crisis and unrelenting environmental pressure. This unique book seeks to combine ecomic analysis with the environmental research to arrive at a comprehensive understanding of the forces that shape change in the automotive industry. It eschews the usual focus on techlogies, and gives more attention to the impact of change on the business models and strategies adopted by the vehicle manufacturers, the scope for new entrants, and the implications for policy-makers. This richly textured book concludes that the achievement of a sustainable automotive industry will t be possible with 'one best way', but that myriad techlogies and business concepts, grounded in the distinct needs of different places and consumers, will be the basis of the future of mobility. Drawing on a wealth of industry data by virtue of the authors' record of many years researching the industry, this book will be invaluable to both students and researchers working within transport, industrial ecology, automobility, industrial policy, ecomics, regional development, sustainability, techlogy, and business models.
- Author BiographyPeter E. Wells, Cardiff University, UK
- Author(s)Peter E. Wells
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.