Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Automy Approach presents an important departure from the theoretical discussions which underpin the majority of work on learner automy. It introduces a practical perspective to self-directed language learning (teachable-learnable activities rooted in principles of learning), which draws on aspects of study skills and strategies as well as a variety of approaches, namely differentiated, individualised, self-directed, self-access and open-access learning. With the Automy Approach, emphasis is placed on students being supported in class to learn at their own pace, away from the classroom - in other words, self-directing their own learning. The authors examine and explain the theory behind metacognitive kwledge and skills, and support this with an extensive sequence of activities for the teacher and the learner to use - to help learners take the development of their language learning into their own hands. The activities in this book aim t to teach a language but, rather, to raise awareness of different aspects of language learning, to encourage learners (and teachers) to share, select and try out activities, and to reflect on the effectiveness of what they have tried. The activities are suitable for developing a self-directed learning course or for supplementing an existing course. This book is intended for: Language teachers and learning advisors; trainers involved in professional development; and materials developers for self-access centres or distance education. The Automy Approach contains three distinctive parts which focus in turn on theory, practice and development: Part A offers a detailed breakdown of the philosophy behind the Automy Approach. Clear rationales are established for promoting self-directed learning, and teachers are invited to reflect on the benefits of learners taking more responsibility for their own learning. Part B is packed with step-by-step activities to support learners through the development, implementation and modification of an emerging individualised learning plan. Part C promotes a deeper understanding of the Automy Approach, and includes strategies to develop professional practice for us, as language learning facilitators, to learn and grow from our own experience.
- Author(s)Brian Morrison,Diego Navarro
- PublisherDelta Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationPeaslake
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDelta Publishing
- Weight326 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.