All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a critical and historical overview of unconventional and aesthetically challenging films, all of feature length. The author focuses on the particular forms of contemporary avant-garde films, which often rely on characteristics associated with historical films of the same genre. Included are works by such visionary filmmakers as David Lynch, Luis Bunuel, Jean Cocteau, Jean-Luc Godard, Guy Maddin and Derek Jarman. The first of the two appendices contains a filmography of key avant-garde feature films, from Haxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1922) to Maximum Shame (2010). The second appendix offers a brief list of directors who have made significant contributions to films that take alternative approaches to cinematic practice, establishing new grounds for analysis and evaluation.
- Author BiographyWilliam E.B. Verrone has written extensively on both avant-garde and mainstream filmmakers, and has served as executive director and convener of The Conference on Global Film. He teaches film and English at the University of North Alabama, where he chairs the film studies minor.
- Author(s)William Verrone
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight323 g
- Width6 mm
- Height9 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.