All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.82Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.91Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.13Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionEdna is an obedient wife and mother vacationing at Grand Isle with her family. While there, however, Edna become close to a young man named Robert Lebrun, but before they act on their mutual romantic interest in each other Robert leaves for Mexico. Edna is lonely without his companionship, and meets the attractive rake Alcee Arobin. Instead of spending her days concerned with household matters, Edna pursues her interest in painting. Rather than depending financially on her husband, Edna moves into a house of her own. By the time Robert returns, professing his love for Edna and his desire to marry her, Edna longer believes in the limitations of traditional marriage. What will she choose instead? Is it possible to be a free woman and be responsible for the needs of others?
- Author BiographyKate Chopin, born Katherine O'Flaherty (1850-1904) was an American author of short stories and novels. She is considered by many to have been a forerunner of feminist authors of the 20th century. Within a decade of her death, Chopin was widely recognised as one of the leading writers of her time.
- Author(s)Kate Chopin
- PublisherReal Reads
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleReal Reads
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReal Reads
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight160 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Halldor Baldursson,Stephen Davis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.