All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAzerbaijani cuisine is one of the most ancient and varied in the world, consisting of more than two thousand national dishes, a hundred of which feature in this book. Enclosed by the Caspian Sea and the Kura and Aras Rivers, Azerbaijan offers a cuisine that is rich in fish dishes. Mincemeat, used to make dolma and kuft; pastry and different types of bread; and desserts, such as halva and confectionary, are also national favourites. Ather culinary inspiration is the climate. With nine climatic zones, and thus many different animals and plants, it is wonder that the cuisine is so diverse. Exotic and delicious, The Azerbaijani Kitchen is an eclectic pot of different traditions and flavours, with distinctive and unique qualities of its own.
- Author BiographyChef Tahir Amiraslanov is President of the National Culinary Association in Azerbaijan, Head of the Traditional Food Committee of the International Popular Art Organization under UNESCO and Vice-President of the Russian Culinary Association. He lives in Azerbaijan. Leyla Rahmanova graduated with a Masters from the University of Languages in 2003. She works for the Golden Books publishing house in Baku, where her family run a local restaurant. She lives in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Author(s)Leyla Rahmanova,Tahir Amiraslanov
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content NoteOver 60 colour photographs
- Weight862 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.53
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.56
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.60
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.01
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.01
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.