All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile poor nutrition and disease plagued medieval Europe, a civilization on the other side of the Atlantic - the Aztecs - thrived, thanks to a healthful high-protein, low-fat diet. At its center was an ancient grain kwn as chia, a remarkable low-calorie, high-fiber seed bursting with omega-3, iron, calcium, and other nutrients. In a world with an obesity epidemic that shows sign of slowing down, the secret weapon that helped the ancient Aztecs achieve their greatness is back. Now modern Americans can lose weight, boost energy levels, and improve wellbeing by eating the healthy, delicious foods that urished these traditional cultures. In this highly readable, easy-to-follow guide, physician Dr. Bob Art shows readers how to make chia a central part of a daily diet that includes foods high in protein with few fats and oils, refined sugars, and limited amounts of wheat. Divided into three parts, The Aztec Diet begins by showing you how to jump-start weight loss with a two-week chia smoothie plan. In phase two, you can enjoy a mix of chia smoothies and solid meals-a balance that will make you feel revitalized and lighter. The final phase shows how to sustain a new, healthy lifestyle by incorporating chia into your meal plan. Here, too, are easy, delicious, and flexible set of healthy swaps, meal plans, and superfood additions to help you easily adapt and adhere to new eating habits. The Aztec Diet helps reduce their risk of serious conditions, including obesity, heart disease, diabetes, as well as other lesser kwn maladies, such as raging internal inflammation and wild fluctuations in blood sugar levels that affect daily moods, energy, and wellbeing. Reset your metabolism, drop pounds, and feel more energized and clear-headed-let The Aztec Diet help you look and feel like an entirely new person.
- Author BiographyBob Arnot, M.D., is the New York Times bestselling author of fourteen books on nutrition and health. He has been a medical correspondent for NBC Nightly News, Dateline NBC, the Today show, CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes, and CBS This Morning, and is a health columnist for Men's Journal. He lives in Palm Beach, Florida, and Vermont.
- Author(s)Bob Arnot
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow
- Content Note14 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight641 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $49.00
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.80
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.31
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.