All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume describes the pre-Columbian cultures that developed in central and rthern Mexico, from the fertile areas of the Oaxaca Valley and the Valley of Mexico to the great deserts of the rth. In chrological order, the text presents the native cultures, from the earliest farming villages to the establishment of great states and urban civilizations such as Teotihuacan and Monte Alban. The ermous ethnic and linguistic melting pot culminated in the Aztec civilizations; this profusely illustrated book examines its historical events, moving from the mythical original migration into the Valley of Mexico to the political and cultural zenith. In-depth looks at specific topics such as the Aztec calendar, religion, society and political organization are inserted into the historical narration, adding variety to the book's chrological approach. Based on the latest research and targeting a broad readership, this book is straightforward and easy to understand, yet is distinguished by its excellent scholarship. The result is an extraordinary historical and cultural tableau that conveys the full appeal these populations have long held for Western readers.
- Author BiographyDAVIDE DOMENICI, archaeologist, is an expert on the ancient civilizations of pre-Columbian America. He has participated in archaeological studies in Peru (Nazca), Chile (Rapa Nui) and Mexico (Teotihuacan). Since 1998 he has directed the Rio La Venta Archaeological Project in the Mexican state of Chiapas. He is currently a researcher at the Faculty of Paleography and Medieval Studies of the University of Bologna.
- Author(s)Davide Domenici
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Content Note228 colour photographs
- Width225 mm
- Height255 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.