Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together some ofBritain s most talented and inventive authors of short fiction, this anthology is a compilation of the top five entries short-listed for the BBC National Short Story Award. Themes of desire, envy, and disconnection provide recurring motifs for these stories the extremes that love can endure and what happens when love is t eugh. A testament to the high quality of short story writing today, this collection will interest avid readers as well as creative writing and literature students.
- Author Biography<b>M. J. Hyland</b> is a lecturer in creative writing at the University of Manchester and the author of several books, including <i>Carry Me Down</i>, <i>How the Light Gets In</i>, and <i>This Is How</i>. She is the recipient of the Encore and Hawthornden prizes, and her work is regularly featured in publications such as the<i>Financial Times</i>, the<i>London Review of Books</i>, and the<i>Irish Independent</i>. <b>Alison MacLeod</b> is a part-time lecturer at the University of Chichester and the author of <i>The Changeling</i> and <i>The Wave Theory of Angels</i>. She is the recipient of the Society of Authors Olive Cook Prize for Short Fiction and her work has been widely featured, including in <i>London Magazine</i>, <i>Prospect</i>, and in the anthology <i>The New Uncanny</i>. <b>Jon McGregor</b> is an authorof novels that include <i>Even the Dogs </i>and <i>So Many Ways to Begin</i>. He has twice been nominated for the Booker Prize and his short stories have been published in suchliterary magazines as <i>Granta</i>. <b>K. J. Orr </b>is an award-winning writer who has been short-listed for awards that include the London Writers' Prize.She was included in the anthology <i>Cheque Enclosed</i>.<b>D. W. Wilson </b>is a writer and the author of the short story collection <i>Once You Break a Knuckle.</i> He is the recipient of the University of East Anglia's inaugural Man Booker Prize Scholarship. <b>Sue MacGregor </b>is a writer and a longtime broadcaster with the BBC, for which she was named a Commanderof the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Alison Macleod,Jon McGregor,M. J. Hyland
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Out-of-print date08/07/2015
- Weight68 g
- Width110 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited bySue MacGregor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.