All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a child, having their own pony is impossibly exciting. For a parent, however, it can be both a challenge and a huge responsibility. Even the smallest pony can quickly become unmanageable unless he is handled and cared for correctly. This comprehensive and practical guide assumes prior kwledge of the subject and aims to provide first-time owners with straightforward information and advice. The authors dispel the myth that dealing with equines is unnecessarily complicated and believe that the key to understanding and managing your pony is a combination of basic kwledge, common sense and confidence. The book guides you through the pitfalls of buying or loaning a pony and finding a home which suits both the pony and your budget and lifestyle. In addition it offers sensible advice about handling, grooming, daily routine, feeding and watering, foot care and shoeing, the pony's health, common disorders, first aid, saddlery, rugs and other equipment, transport and travelling, and tuition. The aim is to educate and inform in a fuss-free way, giving vice owners the confidence and kw-how they need to keep their pony happy and healthy. Above all, the book aims to encourage every parent to get involved and have fun with their child and their pony.
- Author BiographyDebby Frowen is a specialist equestrian journalist with over fourteen years experience, ten of which were spent at Horse & Hound. She is the author of World of the Horse (Harper Collins) and is currently studying for her BHS Stage 3 and PTT. She lives near Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Madeleine Ridge is a freelance riding instructor who has taught for sixteen years, specialising in teaching children and young adults. She holds a BHSISM qualification and a BSc in equine science. She is chief instructor for the Minchinhampton Pony Club and lives near Cirencester, Glos. Jo Winfield is a Fellow of the British Horse Society with skills and experience across all disciplines. She has a BSc in Equine Science and is a lecturer at Hartbury College. She is a BHS Examiner, a British Eventing coach and British Dressage judge. She runs regular training events in the UK and abroad. She lives in Worcester.
- Author(s)Debby Frowen,Jo Winfield,Madeleine Ridge
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight454 g
- Width176 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.