The BUGS Book: A Practical Introduction to Bayesian Analysis by Chris Jackson, David Lunn, Nicky Best, Andrew Thomas, David Spiegelhalter (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.12Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBayesian statistical methods have become widely used for data analysis and modelling in recent years, and the BUGS software has become the most popular software for Bayesian analysis worldwide. Authored by the team that originally developed this software, The BUGS Book provides a practical introduction to this program and its use. The text presents complete coverage of all the functionalities of BUGS, including prediction, missing data, model criticism, and prior sensitivity. It also features a large number of worked examples and a wide range of applications from various disciplines. The book introduces regression models, techniques for criticism and comparison, and a wide range of modelling issues before going into the vital area of hierarchical models, one of the most common applications of Bayesian methods. It deals with essentials of modelling without getting bogged down in complexity. The book emphasises model criticism, model comparison, sensitivity analysis to alternative priors, and thoughtful choice of prior distributions-all those aspects of the art of modelling that are easily overlooked in more theoretical expositions. More pragmatic than ideological, the authors systematically work through the large range of tricks that reveal the real power of the BUGS software, for example, dealing with missing data, censoring, grouped data, prediction, ranking, parameter constraints, and so on. Many of the examples are biostatistical, but they do t require domain kwledge and are generalisable to a wide range of other application areas. Full code and data for examples, exercises, and some solutions can be found on the book's website.
- Author BiographyMRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, UK Imperial College, London, UK Helsinki, Finland College School of Medicine, London, UK University of Bath, UK University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Author(s)Andrew Thomas,Chris Jackson,David Lunn,David Spiegelhalter,Nicky Best
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science
- Series Part/Volume Number98
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note91 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.