All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionHomer-by-homer, this heavily researched work recounts the inimitable Babe Ruth's finest season. In that magical 1927 season, Ruth blasted homers off 33 different pitchers and hit at least one against every American League opponent. Two hurlers yielded four homers each to the Bambi, while seven pitchers allowed at least three. Interwoven with this recounting is the story of the budding rivalry between Ruth and teammate Lou Gehrig, as the two Yankees matched homers for much of the season. Fresh statistical analyses are provided and boxscores are included for all games in which Ruth hit a home run.
- Author Biography<strong>John G. Robertson</strong> writes a weekly sports history column for the <em>Kitchener-Waterloo (Ontario) Record</em>. He lives in Cambridge, Ontario.
- Author(s)John G. Robertson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.