All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- Description'What a resource! Every girls' lacrosse coach in the country needs to have this book in their hands' - Diane Geppi Aikens, head women's lacrosse coach, Loyola College. 'This book is what the women's lacrosse community has been waiting for! A definitive guide to all aspects of the game, it lays the foundation for success' - Cindy Timchal, head women's lacrosse coach, University of Maryland Coach. You just volunteered to coach your daughter's lacrosse team, and you can't tell a defensive slide from an offensive set or the 12-meter fan from the restraining line. Don't despair - Coaching Girls' Lacrosse is here to help. From your first team meeting to equipment needs to dealing with officials, Coaching Girls' Lacrosse will get you started -and keep you going. You'll learn the basics of girls' lacrosse for 6- to 12-year-olds and you'll find out how the game is changing so you can teach the universal lacrosse skills that will take your players from youth league to college and beyond.You'll be able to school your players in handling the new stick varieties and teach them invative passing and catching techniques; progressive, relaxed cradling; and creative shots on goal. Here are all the fundamentals of safe physical play, drills for offense and defense, valuable advice about coaching style, and how to make improvement - rather than winning at any cost - the goal of your season. Before you kw it, you'll be coaching players who are moving, learning, gaining confidence, and most of all, having fun. Survive your first practice and game. Teach girls' lacrosse as it is played at all levels through college and beyond. Design effective practices for your entire season using the examples provided. Match your drills to age and ability. Make lacrosse fun and rewarding. Boost the skills and confidence of all your players. 'A great resource for youth coaches at all levels. I am especially impressed with the attention given to the rules of the game' - Pat Dillon, Rules Chair, US Lacrosse.
- Author BiographyJanine Tucker has been the head women's lacrosse coach at nationally ranked Johns Hopkins University and the director of the Johns Hopkins All-Star Girls' Lacrosse Camp for ten years. She was an All-American lacrosse player for Loyola College and is a member of the Loyola College Athletic Hall of Fame. Maryalice Yakutchik teaches journalism and creative writing at Loyola College and is a freelance journalist. She played varsity lacrosse for Temple University, was assistant women's lacrosse coach at Kutztown University, and has coached youth-league girls' lacrosse for the past six years.
- Author(s)Janine Tucker,Maryalice Yakutchik
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleBaffled Parent's Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width185 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.