All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- Description'This is a great book that touches on the most important parts of the game: sportsmanship, discipline, and most importantly, fun' - Larry Robinson, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, six-time Stanley Cup Champion Coach. You thought you were just going to sign up your child for the youth league, but when one else stepped forward, you volunteered to coach the team. But you can't tell a flip pass from a slap shot or an angle check from a hip check! Don't panic - Coaching Youth Hockey is here to help.From your first team meeting to the season-ending pizza party, Coaching Youth Hockey will get you started and keep you going. You'll learn how to teach the fundamental skills of passing, stickhandling, shooting, and checking. You'll even learn to develop your own coaching style - one that works best for you and your players. Before you kw it, you'll be coaching players who are moving, motivated, and most of all, having fun. Survive your first practice and first game; match drills to ability; make practices safe, fun, and rewarding; improve your players and your team; reach all your players; and be the coach you never had.' A must-read book that provides guidelines for both parents and coaches in their relationships with young athletes' - Lou Lamoriello, CEO, president, and general manager, New Jersey Devils. 'Just what hockey needs! Everything you may encounter with young players can be answered in the pages of this extremely well-written book' - Tom McVie, forty-nine years in pro hockey as a player, coach, and scout. 'I was totally confused about instructing my sons when they played hockey. This book would have prevented me from ever having been baffled' - Stan Fischler, 'The Hockey Maven', NHL analyst for MSG SportsDesk, and author of Fischler's Illustrated History of Hockey . 'Bruce Driver's success as a player came from being a student of the game. He has applied his kwledge of hockey to this coaching guide in an extremely thorough way. A must-read for all youth coaches' - Grant Standbrook, head recruiter and assistant coach, Maine Black Bears; former head coach, Dartmouth College.
- Author BiographyBruce Driver played 11 seasons for the New Jersey Devils, including the 1995 Stanley Cup championship team. He spent his last three NHL seasons playing for the New York Rangers. Clare Wharton is a longtime hockey mom and journalist.
- Author(s)Bruce Driver,Clare Wharton
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Series TitleBaffled Parent's Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note40 halftone, 20 line illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.