All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe baker, Van Amsterdam becomes kwn in Colonial America for baking his St. Nicholas cookies but his greed drives him to become stingy in his business. When an old woman buys a dozen cookies from him and expects to receive 13, he withholds the last one. Unfortunately, his business goes downhill until the day she returns for 12 more cookies. But this time he gives her an extra measure and the custom of offering a baker's dozen or 13 items spreads throughout the colonies. This holiday story is the perfect companion to a day of cookie making. Readers will learn the importance of fairness, trustworthiness and selflessness.
- Author BiographyHeather Forest, PH.D., is an award-winning author and recording artist a professional storyteller and an educator, whose unique minstrel style of storytelling blends original music, folk guitar, and the sung and spoken word. She brings classic tales from the treasury of world folklore to life with elegance, wit, and the poet's touch. She has been featured at storytelling festivals, theaters and conferences both nationally and internationally. Susan Gaber has illustrated more than twenty books for children. She and Heather Forest both live in Huntington, New York. Friends for more than twenty-five years, they have collaborated on four picture books, including The Little Red Hen and Stone Soup, which holds a Parents' Choice Award and was included on the Bank Street College's list of Best Children's Books of the Year.
- Author(s)Heather Forest
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- Date of Publication06/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width193 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Susan Gaber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.