The Balance Myth: Rethinking Work-Life Success by Teresa A. Taylor (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.83+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionTired of trying to attain the mythical work-life balance and constantly feeling frustrated? Are you giving yourself a C-- for your performances at work and at home? Teresa A. Taylor kws that trying to be a career woman and a mom can leave you feeling tired and defeated, and she wants you to take a new approach. She herself rapidly ascended through the ranks to become COO of a Fortune 200 company while raising two boys with her working husband, and in The Balance Myth , she shows you how you can do it too. Taylor takes you along to a meeting in the White House, to union negotiations, and to her sons' soccer practices as she shares her candid, humorous, and heartfelt stories. Based on these real-life experiences and the lessons she learned from them, she shares the key to living with multiple responsibilities: integrating-t bifurcating-your personal and professional worlds. In addition, she offers insights about leading with integrity; surrounding yourself with positive resources; pushing through adversity; and celebrating accomplishments-especially your own. Taylor couldn't take the mother out of the career woman or vice versa, and she believes that you shouldn't have to either. Don't search for balance; the answers are within you! -- Written in an engaging voice, Teresa Taylor, the high-profile COO of Qwest who orchestrated a $20 billion acquisition in the telecom industry, uses memoir and real-life examples to deliver valuable business perspectives that illustrate how she rose to the top of a Fortune 200 company while also raising her two sons with her working husband and maintaining fulfilling family relationships. Taylor illustrates that executives (as well as professionals with executive ambitions) don't have to sacrifice a successful family life for a corner office position-and she provides the keys to managing these multiple responsibilities based on her experience.
- Author BiographyTeresa A Taylor is a nationally recognized telecom executive who brings integrity, focus, vision and agility to corporate leadership. She has earned her reputation for building and managing cohesive teams, inspiring loyalty, managing through conflict and embracing change. Taylor draws upon her past experience as COO of a $12 billion Fortune 200 company to advise companies, government agencies and enterprises on vision, strategy, operations and public affairs. She currently serves on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem, Inc., a financial services holding company with $7.3 billion in assets as well as the board of directors for NiSource, Inc., a Fortune 500 natural gas and electricity storage and transmission company. Teresa has been featured in a number of national business publications, including the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. She is sought after as a speaker on topics including leadership, economic development and innovation. She resides in Golden, Colorado with her husband and two sons. Teresa wrote the book: The Balance Myth to give insight into the question of why 50% of workforce is women, yet only 3% are at an executive level or serve on the board of directors. She hopes that by sharing her real life experiences and stories that women will realize that life is not a zero sum game or an equation that needs to be solved. They can have success at home and work!
- Author(s)Teresa A. Taylor
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Weight338 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.