All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionDuring his playing career, a baseball player's every action on the field is documented - every at bat, every hit, every pitch. But what becomes of a player after he leaves the game? Some do, in fact, continue to be involved with baseball in some capacity, but many do t, following a different calling and fade into obscurity.This exhaustive reference work presents information that has never before been available in one source. It briefly details the post-baseball lives of some 7,600 major leaguers, owners, managers, administrators, umpires, sportswriters, anuncers and broadcasters who are w deceased. Each entry tells the date and place of the player's birth, the number of seasons he spent in the majors, the primary position he played, the number of seasons he spent as a manager in the majors (if applicable), his post-baseball career and activities, date and cause of his death, and his final resting place.
- Author BiographyBaseball enthusiast and history researcher Bill Lee lives in Harlingen, Texas, with LaVonne, his wife of over thirty years. He is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research.
- Author(s)Bill Lee
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight907 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.