All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis antated bibliography covers approximately 400 vels published between 1838 and 2007. Following a substantial introduction to the history and development of the genre, the main text provides chrologically arranged entries on hundreds of vels written for the adult and young adult reader, with bibliographic details and extensive antations on plot, themes, and compositional strengths and weaknesses. Included are so-called mainstream vels by writers such as Hemingway, Wolfe, Roth, and DeLillo, whose extensive use of baseball memorably demonstrates the game's cultural pervasiveness.Appendices provide historical overviews for the primary baseball subgenres, including mystery, fantasy, and science-fiction; lists for vels that foreground issues of race or ethnicity (or both, as in Winegardner's Vera Cruz Blues ), gender (Gilbert's A League of Their Own ), and class (Hays' The Dixie Association ); and the author's rankings of great baseball vels overall and by subgenre.
- Author BiographyRetired college English professor Noel Schraufnagel lives in Columbus, Georgia. He is the author of From Apology to Protest: The Black American Novel.
- Author(s)Noel Schraufnagel
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.