The Baseball Stadium Insider: A Dissection of All Thirty Ballparks, Legendary Players, and Memorable Moments by Matt Lupica (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMajor League Baseball occupies a special place in the hearts of Americans. The sound of the umpire yelling play ball is as familiar as the sight of the Stars and Stripes, and generations of sports fans spend summer nights staying up late to watch games. In The Baseball Stadium Insider, author Matt Lupica offers baseball fans an unprecedented guide to the stadiums that are home to their favourite sport. Divided into four regional sections (East, Great Lakes, South- Central, and West), Lupica's comprehensive guide takes readers on a journey across the country, providing at each stop an in-depth look at the stadiums, the players, and the table games that shaped the sport. Fans are treated to a walk-through that points out each ballpark's unique features. Readers can explore the Bob Murphy Radio Booth at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, or gaze out over the Pacific Ocean at Lookout Landing while visiting Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to stand on the mound at Wrigley Field or what your favourite baseball players were thinking in the midst of a game that went down in history? The Baseball Stadium Insider contains more than 300 quotations from players, broadcasters, and managers, including David Freese's thoughts when he hit a game-winning home run in the bottom of the 11th inning in Game 6 of the World Series that allowed the St. Louis Cardinals to go on and become world champions and Justin Verlander's comments on pitching a -hitter for the Detroit Tigers in 2007. Ballparks have stood witness to Babe Ruth's home runs, Jackie Robinson's debut, and Lou Gehring's final bow. History echoes through the seats and waits to be made every time a pitcher steps up to the mound. For the die-hard fan or the baseball vice, The Baseball Stadium Insider captures that history one stadium at a time. Other attractions explored in The Baseball Stadium Insider include:* The 37-foot-tall Green Monster at Fenway Park in Boston* The 35-foot, 10,000-gallon Rays Tank at Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay* The first-ever aquatic backstops at Marlins Park in Miami* Heritage Park at Progressive Field in Cleveland, which hours Indians legends of the past* The ferris wheel and carousel at Comerica Park in Detroit
- Author BiographyMatt Lupica is a lifelong sports and Pittsburgh Pirates fan who started his sports commentary career early: at the age of eight he was producing homemade sports highlights and talk shows. Now Lupica works as a freelance journalist based in Macedonia, Ohio, USA.
- Author(s)Matt Lupica
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword bySteve Blass
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.