All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSlow-cooked flavor in a fast-paced world - pressure cookers are one of the greenest cooking methods imaginable. Sales are on the increase and even Jamie Oliver has launched one of his own. They allow us to cook quickly, cheaply and efficiently because the food is cooked in liquid at temperatures far higher than in a conventional pan, which shortens cooking time by up to 70 per cent. Because the method seals in flavor, cheaper ingredients can be used to great effect and since the cooking time is far shorter you save time and gas or electricity. The pressure cooker presents a distinct advantage for certain foods and for ingredients that need long cooking, it is a real winner. The most dramatic time and energy savings come with meat and poultry. Braised beef can be perfectly cooked in 30 minutes, osso bucco in 25 minutes and a chicken tagine in 15 minutes. Perfect for today's cooks. Marguerite Patten, doyenne of British cookery, shares her wealth of kwledge and her tried and tested recipes for pressure cookers.
- Author BiographyMarguerite is Britain's top selling cookery writer with sales totalling over 17 million copies and is the author of The Basic Basics Jams, Preserves and Chutneys Handbook (one of Grub Street's top-selling titles), The Basic Basics Baking Handbook and The Basic Basics Soups Handbook.
- Author(s)Marguerite Patten
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication30/04/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Weight277 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.