All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition contains an updated core list of the best current business resources, as well as a collection of new essays on important topics in business librarianship. Entries in the core list provide full bibliographic information, online ordering information, brief descriptions of authority and scope, and brief evaluations of the works' strengths and weaknesses. The essays cover such topics as: * Marketing the business library * Organizing business libraries and information centers * Acquiring business books * Developing a business reference collection * Accessing government documents * Evaluating online and investment resources * Assessing the state of business libraries in 2001 This volume will serve as a checklist of essential business reference tools that smaller libraries can use to evaluate their collections, and provides a guide to the best practices for smaller libraries seeking to begin or expand a business reference collection. The collection of essay also makes the book useful for library science courses in business reference.
- Author BiographyRASHELLE S. KARP is Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs at Clarion University. BERNARD S. SCHLESSINGER is Professor Emeritus from the School of Library and Information Studies at Texas Woman's University in Denton. Recently retired after a 35-year career in information science, he is the author of 125 journal articles, many of them in the area of business, and several books, including the first, second, and third editions of The Basic Business Library: Core Resources and the first and second editions (with June H. Schlessinger) of The Who's Who of Nobel Prize Winners, both published by Oryx Press.
- Date of Publication30/12/2002
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBernard S. Schlessinger,Rashelle S. Karp
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.