All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle for Europe brings into sharp focus the historical importance of the current Eurozone crisis. Thomas Fazi argues that European Union (EU) elites have seized on the financial crash to push through damaging neoliberal policies, undermining social cohesion and vital public services. Drawing on a wealth of sources, Fazi argues that the EU's austerity policies are t simply a case of political and ideological short-sightedness, but part of a long-term project by elites to remove the last remnants of the welfare state and complete the neoliberal project. As well as an urgent critique of the EU and monetary union as currently constituted, The Battle for Europe showcases a programme for progressive reform and outlines how citizens and workers of Europe can radically overhaul EU institutions.
- Author BiographyThomas Fazi is a writer, journalist and research. His articles have appeared in numerous publications. He is the author of The Battle for Europe: How an Elite Hijacked a Continent - and How We Can Take It Back (Pluto, 2014) and Reclaiming the State: A Progressive Vision of Sovereignty for a Post-Neoliberal World, co-authored with Bill Mitchell (Pluto, 2017).
- Author(s)Thomas Fazi
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.