All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNovember, 1942: Japanese and American forces fight for control of Guadalcanal. Amid a seeming stalemate, a group of U.S. Navy carrier airmen helped form the Cactus Air Force, a motley assemblage of Marine, Air Force, and carrier-less Navy airmen tasked with holding the line. Under constant assault by the Japanese, pilots and gunners rarely lasted more than a few weeks. Yet when the Japanese attempted to take the island once and for all, these men miraculously turned back a warship armada, fighter planes, and a convoy of troops.
- Author BiographyStephen L. Moore, a sixth-generation Texan, graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas, where he studied advertising, marketing, and journalism. He is the author of multiple books on World War II and Texas history, including Pacific Payback: The Carrier Fly Boys Who Avenged Pearl Harbor at the Battle of Midway and Taming Texas, a biography of his great-great-great-grandfather William T. Sadler, who was one of the first Texas Ranger captains in the 1830s. Steve lives north of Dallas in Lantana, Texas, with his wife, Cindy, and their three children.
- Author(s)Stephen L. Moore
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Note1
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.