All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.35Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $79.69
About this product
- DescriptionPolicing in Britain was changed fundamentally by the rapid emergence of the automobile at the beginning of the twentieth century. This book seeks to examine how the police reacted to this challenge and moved to segregate the motorist from the pedestrian in an attempt to eliminate the 'road holocaust' that ensued.
- Author BiographyKeith Laybourn is Diamond Jubilee Professor at the University of Huddersfield, UK, and has taught history at Huddersfield for 43 years. A prolific writer of books and articles, he has published Policing in England and Wales, 1918-1939, with David Taylor, Emeritus Professor of History at the University of Huddersfield, UK, who also contributed to this book.
- Author(s)David Taylor,Keith Laybourn
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/07/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.