All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle of Allatoona Pass has received scant attention in most histories of the Civil War. This is probably because it occurred after Sherman had taken Atlanta, but before Sherman's March to the Sea. Thus, it often escapes being ted in histories of either campaign. The battle was significant, though. Some of the fiercest fighting of the whole War occurred there, with combined casualty figures over 30% (North: 706; South: 873). The battle broke the back of John Bell Hood's plan to significantly disrupt Sherman's supply line from Atlanta to the rth, and allowed Sherman to plan his march to Savannah with his Western & Atlantic supply line intact. This book contains 31 photos and drawings, with 13 of them in color.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones is President of the Kennesaw Historical Society, and Director of Programs and Education for the Kennesaw Museum Foundation. He is also an at-large member of the Civil War Roundtable of Cobb County (Georgia). He has written several books on Civil War and railroad themes, including Civil War Prison Camps: A Brief History, Famous Songs of the Civil War, Retracing the Route of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign and March to the Sea, The Battle of Griswoldville: An Infantry Battle on Sherman's March to the Sea, The Fifteen Most Critical Moments of the Civil War, The Reading Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Pennsylvania Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Battle of Allatoona Pass: The Forgotten Battle of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign, The Ten Best - and Worst - Generals of the Civil War, The Top 10 Innovations of the Civil War, Bleeding Kansas: The Real Start of the Civil War, The Top 20 Railroad Songs of All Time, The Top 25 Civil War Spies and Irregulars, The Top 20 Most Influential Leaders of the Civil War, The Top 25 Most Influential Women of the Civil War and The W&A, the General, and the Andrews Raid: A Brief History. Robert has also written several books on ghost towns in the Southwest, including Death Valley Ghost Towns - As They Appear Today, Ghost Towns of the Mojave National Preserve, Ghost Towns of Southern Arizona and New Mexico and Ghost Towns of Western Nevada. Another Western-themed book, The Top 10 Gunslingers and Lawmen of the Old West, was published in 2012. In 2005, Robert co-authored a business-oriented book entitled Working Virtually: The Challenges of Virtual Teams.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.