All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle of Britain: Portraits of the Few is an exceptional tribute to the small group of legendary pilots that served with the Royal Air Force through one of the most critical periods of the Second World War. Portraits of the Few contains over 60 colour illustrations, capturing the images and character of the military aviators who were designated the 'Few' by British Prime Minister Winston Churchill. Accompanying the portraits, painted by artist David Pritchard, are action filled accounts written by Second World War aviation author Christopher Yeoman, recounting gripping combats and ferocious encounters as the respective men successfully resist the might of the Luftwaffe. Indeed the aerial battle fought during the long and glorious summer of 1940 is w viewed as one of the most decisive episodes in all of British history. Each and every day proved consequential, ultimately shaping the island's future. It was a struggle which will never be forgotten by the wartime population of Great Britain; it will never be forgotten for generations to come. The Battle of Britain: Portraits of the Few celebrates the airmen's legacy and is a unique tribute to this group of extraordinary men. Battle of Britain fighter pilot Squadron Leader Geoffrey Wellum DFC on receiving his own portrait: Thank you so very much for the truly excellent water colour, the likeness is remarkable. I was touched and became slightly emotional when I first opened the box and there I was looking back at myself all those years ago.
- Author BiographyChristopher Yeoman is a military aviation author from Farnborough, Hampshire.
- Author(s)Christopher Yeoman,Geoffrey Wellum
- PublisherFighting High Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationHitchin
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFighting High Ltd
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Pritchard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.