All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.83Trending at AU $55.90
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBattles of the Anglo-Boer War series provides an accessible guide to some of the major campaigns, battles and battlefields of this historic conflict in KwaZulu-Natal. The books are written for the general reader as well as for historians seeking fresh insights into the events leading up to, during and after the battles. The text is supported by contemporary accounts and photographs, some of which have never previously been published. Maps show in detail the routes and dispositions of the opposing forces for each battle. Faulty and inadequate reconnaissance of the area by Buller's men was match for the meticulous planning of the young Boer general, Louis Botha. The outcome of this battle- Buller's first and failed attempt to relieve Ladysmith - was a serious reverse for British arms.
- Author BiographyGilbert Torlage lived at the foot of Spioenkop for several years, has studied and written on aspects of this battlefield and has made an academic study of various aspects of the Anglo-Boer War in KwaZulu-Natal. Over the past 35 years he has conducted numerous tours to Spioenkop and other battlefields relating to the Siege of Ladysmith and the British attempts to relieve the town. S.B. Bourquin studied the military history of KwaZulu-Natal for most of his life. In the process he built up an extensive collection of photographs and an intimate knowledge of the terrain where the events took place. He passed away in 2004 and his extensive collections were donated to the Killie Campbell Library and kwaMuhle Museum.
- Author(s)Gilbert Torlage,S.B. Bourquin
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattles of the Anglo-Boer War Series
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note25 b/w photos, maps
- Weight70000 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.