All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to assessing the significance of Crecy, this book offers new interpretations of both the battle itself and the campaign that preceded it. It includes the latest research on the composition and organisation of the English and French armies, a penetrating analysis of the narrative sources and a revealing re-appraisal of the battlefield. It concludes with a fresh look at the role of the archer in Edward III's victory.
- Author BiographyDr Andrew Ayton is senior lecturer in history at the University of Hull. Sir Philip Preston is an independent scholar, and founding secretary of the Battle of Crecy Trust, which is dedicated to research into the battle and all matters relating to it. He is a partner in an architectural practice, and lives in Cr cy-en-Ponthieu, where he is vice president of the local archaeological society.
- Author(s)Andrew Ayton,Sir Philip Preston
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleWarfare in History
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume 22
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintThe Boydell Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.