All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBattles of the Anglo-Boer War series provides an accessible guide to some of the major campaigns, battles and battlefields of this historic conflict in KwaZulu-Natal. The books are written for the general reader as well as for historians seeking fresh insights into the events leading up to, during and after the battles. The text is supported by contemporary accounts and photographs, some of which have never previously been published. Maps show in detail the routes and dispositions of the opposing forces for each battle. The Battle of Modder Spruit and Tchrengula was the last before the commencement of the Siege of Ladysmith. Due to military blunders the battle resulted in the defeat of British arms. A day later Lord Wolseley, the British Commander-in-Chief, commented, for the last half century we had such disaster as that of yesterday.
- Author BiographySteve Watt has been researching the Anglo-Boer War for over 35 years. His work has resulted in a seminal publication of the deaths and graves of the Imperial forces engaged in the conflict. He has conducted numerous tours around the battle sites, published many articles and presented papers at conferences on his specific field of interest.
- Author(s)Steve Watt
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattles of the Anglo-Boer War Series
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note25 b/w photos, maps
- Weight55000 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.